Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Totally Shocked!

So - Yesterday was my 10th Anniversary at Axiom Design. Can you believe that I have worked at the same jpb for 10 years? It really is crazy to think it is possible although I know that most people do it. In comparison - there has only been one other person last that long at my work. This day was obviously a big day for me personally but quite busy as well. I couldn't believe how fast the day went and how much was accomplished.

At the very last minute - just after telling Darren that my work had forgotten that it was my anniversary - I was called into my boss's office. Now - I really shouldn't have expected that anyone would remember or that it should have been made a big deal - but you have to know me and know that I love providing gifts and treats for every occasion at work. And since I can't give gifts to myself - I didn't think I would get one. Well - get this. I am asked to sit down, which made me a bit nervous - but was then handed this gigantic board with the words "The Dream Vacation of Your Choice" written on it. I stared at it for awhile not sure what to think. I am then told that several locations for my 'dream vacation" had been researched for me and Darren and that I was just given an all expenses paid vacation for 2 - on Axiom. Isn't that just amazing? I was so shocked and still am that I just can't tell you how I feel or what this means to me. They couldn't have given me a better gift. If you have seen my house and know how I decorate - everything is tropical, Hawaiian, surfing or something to do with the beach.

I am so so thankful to have such a great place to work for and that the reward for doing so is so great. This just makes it worth it all. I do have to tell you what Blaze said about it. Of course I came home all excited to share and the first thing Blaze said was "I hate that present - that is a horrible present - you are not going on vacation without me, I won't let you". Of course I told him "too bad" but that didn't stop the tears and anger I had to deal with over the next five minutes. Even this morning he reminded me that I was never going to go on that dream vacation. Too funny!

Here is the magnificent gift on display for you to all be jealous about!



Of course my sweet husband also had a gift at home for me as well - 24 beautiful pink roses! What a sweetheart!

4 comments:

Julie Ethington said...

YES!!! I love it! I love it! I love it! I am so excited for you and I'm proud of all of the hard work that you've put into Axiom. You definitely DESERVE this vacation! You work your little butt off there and you're amazing! I miss you... I would love to see you PRONTO! We're headed out to Hawaii in a week... so maybe next week before we go, we could get together!

I love you! Congrats!

Love, Julie

Heidi said...

You definitely deserve it... you're the best! If only they gave that away after a year... I'd definitely stay that long!

Ali said...

OOOOOOOOOH my GOSH!!!

I about died of shock too! Congratulations, you so deserve the recognition and the vacation. When do you get to go? I can't even believe this. I can't wait to tell Andrew. I KNEW I should have stuck around for another eight years... ugh, just kidding!! But seriously, I love a good surprise and this is the best I've heard in a loooong time!!

Wolfpack said...

I am very happy they did that for you! You deserve it! It was a very cool thing to do! Do you know what is not cool, when your friend of almost 15 years takes your name off her friends and family list!!! You have 2 days to get it back up there sweetie, as soon as it happens, I will continue with the nice things I had to say about your blog!!! And if it doesn't happen well...I haven't thought of anything yet but I will. Love ya for now!!