Monday, April 14, 2008

The New Addition To Our Family!

Well - I finally got a little GIRL! I have been on a cloud since Saturday! Let me tell you why!

The boys had a super long birthday party on Saturday in Orem, Darren was aerating all day in Orem. I thought I would be able to take advantage of the time alone and actually get things done but of course, that did not happen. I ended up meeting Darren for lunch which turned into an outing of looking at 4-wheelers, scooters and then motorcycles. Please don't ask me why! Next thing you know - we pull up to a little pet store (the same one where we got Zona 12 years ago). I looked at him completely puzzled but figure we are just getting crickets for our dragons. Within minutes, I am holding the most adorable 6-week old puppy. Darren right then and there says "get her". I am like "WHAT?? Are you kidding?" We are having a baby of our own in 6 weeks. He didn't care - surprised? He was ready to drop the money and walk out but not me. I left the store, called tons of family members, my best friend and then questioned every reason why or why not to do this. Even my vacations came to mind - but considering we are house-ridden for a year or so, there aren't any vacations (besides THE DREAM ONE!) in store.

After driving around for 3 hours and after being told that this is probably the best timing for the boys considering I will have my hands full with the new baby - I went back. I adopted the cutest little Micro Teacup Poodle. Her name is Tinkerbell but we call her Tink! She is the smallest, sweetest, cutest thing I could ever love. I have had no sleep in 2 days but have been on such a cloud - I don't even care. She is my little purse dog and I am so happy. My husband has been spoiling me lately, for reasons I am unsure, but he can't top this. She is so precious! The boys are ecstatic. Canon told us it was one of his best days - to be surprised with a "puppy that stays a puppy forever" (his words). Anyway - I can't say enough. These pictures are horrible but I took them late last night for you all to see. Just wait until the real photoshoot.




6 comments:

Carole said...

What a cute puppy!! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog!! Your boys are adorable! I can't believe you're having another one-- congrats! Sorry to hear about your cat Zona-- so sad. It's great to "see" you.

Colin and Ranie said...

We are so excited for the boys to have Tink. It will be a great distraction while you are busy with Keaton. She is so cute!

Northern Nuts! said...

At least there are other ways to get a baby girl out there. We had to get a boy dog to try and even out the estrogen in our house for Christopher. Tink is a much more manageable size than our puppy.

Ali said...

Oh my gosh. Eliza would go nuts. That's it...we're coming over (finally).

Jaime said...

All I have to say is you are one brave woman. She is very cute. Charley started screaming "puppy puppy" when she saw your page. Good luck.

Heidi said...

Love her. She is so soft!