Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dinosaur Museum!

For Canon's 8th birthday this year - he chose to go to the Dinosaur Museum. The kids have been several times but this was my first time. I have to say that it was pretty awesome. I thought it would be small and boring but it was huge and had a lot of hands on things for kids to do.







After the museum, Canon chose to go to Olive Garden. We walked in and saw that my sisters, my mom, and three cousins were waiting for a table as well. Canon was excited to join them although it took us forever to get a table for 11. After dinner we went to Cold Stone and got ice cream. Yum! After dessert - we let Canon open his presents, since it was his actual birthday, before going to bed. He got a couple games, movies, and a Nintendo DS game. That night - he requested that we have a sleepover in the basement. We made beds out of blankets for the boys and Darren and I each took a couch. Within minutes of them falling asleep, I was back to my bed and Darren had snuck into the guest bed. We woke up early so they would never know that we didn't really sleep downstairs with them. Who do kids sleep on the hard floor all night anyway?




2 comments:

Heidi said...

I actually have wanted to go to the dinosaur museum for a while. Good to know it's worth-while!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.