Monday, May 4, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Blaze...

You may not find this as funny as I did but I have to document the funny things Blaze says. Half the time I cannot recreate it in words although I try.

So last night, we are hanging out on the boys bed, getting ready for prayers and such and without any hesitation Blaze asks bluntly and calmly... "Dad, why you bald?"

I started laughing so hard I was crying, tears running down my eyes hysterical. I wasn't laughing AT Darren or at the fact that he is bald because I know the sensitivity involved - just the way in which Blaze asked and so out of the blue. We weren't even on that subject but it just had to be asked. Darren placed his head in his hands until I could calm down and gently explained to Blaze that it just happened even though he didn't want it to and that once upon a time when Mom fell in love with him - he had hair. Lucky Canon could confirm with photos and also that he has witnessed his dad having hair as well.

Anyway - I got a good gut workout last night out of it and I quickly apologized to Darren for the spontaneous and obnoxious laughter but it caught me so right!

He has so many sayings I wish I had my computer with me at all times. I will have to remember what else got us laughing the other day as well. He is just too much!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Keep the Blaze comments coming! I love them!