Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Well - this post is going to be a bragging post. But I have to say that I had a wonderful birthday and I have an amazing husband. It goes like this...

My birthday was on Wednesday and it was going to be a full day. I had taken the day off to volunteer at Blaze's school, take Pierson to the doctor, swim lessons for the boys and then Scouts. Not too exciting huh? Well - Monday night Darren drops a bomb. He has arranged for me to have Tuesday off as well - he arranged to have the boys taken care of for the day, the night AND the next day. My best friend took them Tuesday, Ranie took them Tuesday night and Wednesday. He arranged for me to get out of teaching preschool and scouts the next day. He told me we were shopping on Tuesday then heading to Wendover to eat at my favorite restaurant, staying the night then coming back and having the evening to spend with the boys.

Well get this - at first I said NO WAY. I cried for an hour claiming I just couldn't do it, couldn't leave the boys, couldn't leave my responsibilities, had to do laundry, I was coming up with every excuse. I finally realized all the trouble he had gone through to make this happen - I agreed. I have obviously lost my sense of spontaneity. My schedule being all messed up didn't sit well.

I had a great time though - our friends Kim and Kurt went with us and they made it so much more fun. When I told the boys the next morning - they wished me well and could have cared less that I was leaving them. Ouch!

Ranie and Colin helped them make Birthday cards for me and they turned out so cute. I can't take them down.

I had a great birthday - thanks to everyone who helped get me out of town! It was worth it!



1 comment:

Diana and Gregg said...

When Gregg surprised me with a new car sitting in the back yard I totally blew the moment. I was shocked,quiet and just thought about the new car payment. I made him feel so bad. Wish I could take that back and live it all over again. Aren't we strange creatures? Ha! Ha!