Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Have A 9 Year Old!

I can't believe it! I never thought the day would come that my kids would be this big. We had a big bash this year to celebrate his birthday! The theme he chose was High School Musical.

He invited 12 friends to come celebrate at Willowcreek Middle school. Darren and I snuck down to the school the night before and pulled cafeteria tables into the gym. We decorated the tables, the walls, had balloons and even had standees of Troy and Gabriella. During the party we took "prom" pictures and "school" pictures of the kids - it was awesome. The kids played kick ball, stay off my lawn, balloon volleyball, scooter soccer, and we had an obstacle course. We ate pizza, opened presents and had cake and ice cream. After cake - the kids played Dance Dance Revolution to the songs of high school musical and each kid had a mat to play on. Darren projected the "moves" on to the wall making the screen gigantic and the music was loud. During the entire party - we had the songs blaring through the sound system in the gym which Canon loved. He helped create the CD just the way he wanted. It was so fun seeing the kids play and especially seeing Darren play "gym teacher" to the party-goers.

I took tons of pictures but couldn't figure out the settings for "indoor gym". Some pictures turned out and some did not. Here are a few of them!










1 comment:

Heidi said...

How stinkin' cute. You're so creative. What's "stay off my lawn?" Sounds fun! :)