Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Used Car Saleman In The Making!

Okay - this might be long but I have to tell someone. It was the cutest thing.

So, Blaze and I were sitting in the living room, I was watching him play with his trucks when he asks this question. "Mom, what is it called when you want to get rid of your car but you want to buy a new one?" I reply - "A dealership?". He says to me - "Step into my dealership". I look down and he had placed his Escalade Truck propped up like it's climbing a mountain and proceeds to ask me if I would like to buy it.




I ask him for how much and he tells me $60. I said sure. Went to my wallet and pulled out a $1 bill. He looks at me confused and obviously knowing it wasn't enough and says to me "This is only one dollar". I pull out another $1 and he takes a good look at the two bills. He then, in this typical car salesman voice, says while pointing away from the Escalade, "Have you seen the truck I have over here?"



It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing. He was not about to sell me the nice truck and wanted to pawn the smaller truck off for the $2 I had offered. It was great. I told Darren that night and he thinks Timmy Brown would be so proud. Later that night, I asked Blaze what he would have sold the truck to his Dad for and he says only $20. Darren hands him $6, he takes the money, hands him the Escalade, then offers Darren $5 to sell the truck back. Deal!

3 comments:

Julie Ethington said...

I love it!!!! I love how cute your family is! I love all three of your posts about your boys! What a hilarious boy Blazie is! He totally cracks me up! I would love to do lunch one of these days. Just let me know when you're free! I love you...

Ali said...

Hey Tam,
Can you let Blaze know that we're in the market for a Toyota Highlander... I'll throw in an extra dollar if he finds me one with leather interior.

I love these stories - by the way, Canon's room turned out awesome! Way impressed.

Heidi said...

It's amazing the things kids come up with. I love it!