Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Negotiations!

Here is another example of my brilliant son and the "Things Kids Say". So - this last week has been spring break for Canon but not for Darren. I have taken the week of as well to play with my boys. Along with everything else under the sun we have been doing - they decided they wanted a "Sleepover" with Mom. This just meaning that they kick Dad out of bed and sleep with me for a night. I told them I would talk to their dad about it and let them know what he said. First thing the next morning - the boys ask me what Dad said. I told him his feelings were hurt that he had to sleep alone and that no one wanted to snuggle with him. (Realize that for his birthday, Father's Day, sunday mornings after breakfast, or any other holiday he makes up - he "forces" his children snuggle with him for at least 5 mintues). Later that day - we discussed the "Sleepover" again and this is what happened.

Canon: "Mom, how about I make Dad a deal? I will read my chapter books for a really long time so that I can sleep with you and he can sleep in my new bed."

Me: "That is a good deal, Dad just might say yes to that."

Blaze: "Mom, how about I make a deal with Dad. How about, he lets me sleep with you tonight and then he can sleep with you all next week."

Me: "Wow - that is a great deal"

I later told Darren this and he couldn't stop laughing - this kid really knows how to negotiate. Aren't little kids great?

2 comments:

Sean and Bree said...

Hahaha! I want kids so bad! But until then I'll just have to read stories about yours :)

Heidi said...

That is great. Knowing your kids now makes the things they say that much more funny!