Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Don't Tell The Big Boys!

So - being 7 months pregnant - I find it difficult to bend all the way over. Especially for long periods of time. Now I realize that the belly only gets bigger and bending over gets worse but sometimes you just can't stand it for a minute. Spring is coming and I needed my toenails painted. Last night - I asked Darren if he would paint my toenails. At first he was hesitant and I only realized later why.

I stack tons of tissue and q-tips around my feet just knowing that we will have a disaster but he becomes offended and dismisses all of it. He slowly paints my nails as I look on and make obvious comments when someone is painting your toes. "You aren't doing it right" "You missed a spot" " You need more on the brush", those types of things. Each time him patiently and repeatedly telling me to "shut up".

After completing the toes and after realizing he has done a really good job - I tell him I am going to take a picture of it - for history sake. Here is where I realize why he was hesitant before. This is how he comments: "Don't take a picture of it and definitely don't blog about it - if you do - I will certainly be out of the Big Boys Club then"



Figures!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That is so funny! I made Josh do the same thing when I was pregnant with Lydia, but he was almost willing to do it, since he thinks theres nothing more unattractive than chipped/half painted toenails.

Heidi said...

Ha ha ha! They look good!