Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Huge Thank You!

I just wanted to thank my sister Ranie and my brother-in-law Colin for generously taking my kids over the weekend so that I could spend some time with my husband and my cousins. Our plan was to take them with us which isn't much fun do to when you are traveling by vehicle for 5 hours. Instead - Ranie and Colin stepped up and took my kids for the weekend. They even stayed at our house so the kids were more comfortable.

THANKS SO MUCH Ranie and Colin. You know how hard it is for me to leave my kids but you made me go without them and I appreciate it. We really need a few days alone. I can never tell you enough how grateful I am for you two!

So - the reason for the weekend?
1. My husband was running in the St. George half marathon with my cousin.
2. I was taking one of my puppies to Jaime and her family so they could take her home to California.

It was supposed to rain and snow the whole time but we made it there and back without any inclement weather. It didn't even rain during the race - although it was incredibly cold. Sunni, her kids, Michael, Jaime's grandma and me met Darren and Jaime at the finish line so that we could congratulate them and take pictures. And of course - my battery died just after Darren ran through so I missed the opportunity to take pictures of Jaime and Darren together. They both did really well and I am so proud of them - and jealous let's be honest.
Here are a few of the pictures from the race.



1 comment:

Colin and Ranie said...

You are so sweet! Let's be honest, it was fun for us too! You never have to worry about asking us or feeling like it is putting us out. I just love those kids as if they are my own!

Good job Jaime and Darren! Next time you will do it, Tami...and probably Colin too!