Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Birthdays! Why Have Them?

So - Blaze's birthday is December 15th. Let me just say that I didn't plan it that way as he was supposed to arrive around January 18th. I had always thought it totally cruel to have a child born in December and swore I would never do it to mine....let me also say that I have said many "I will never..."'s but I end up eating my words.

Both of my parents' birthdays are in December and I always felt sad that they had to celebrate it just days before Christmas after waiting an entire year for presents. Because of that - we decided that this year we would instigate the celebrating of "THE HALF BIRTHDAY". Blaze is so excited about the concept. Basically, on his real birth date he will receive one nice gift from us and then whatever he gets from family members - grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Then - on June 15th - he will get a real birthday with lots of gifts from us and a party with his friends. I mean what can you possibly do in December in the snow in the cold a week before Christmas when all the money is spent? Trust me - Darren and I are doing this mostly for ourselves. Anyway - we celebrated his birthday on Sunday since his real birthday lands on a weekday AND he was born on my mother's birthday!

Here are the photos...
He chose the Transformers theme this year because he was also sharing his party with his Dad.






2 comments:

Ali said...

You should be a professional party planner: weddings, birthdays, etc... you go all out and you know how to make everything spectacular.

Heidi said...

That's an awesome idea.. the half birthday thing, and what Ali said. It's true.