Monday, September 22, 2008

Bless His Heart

Well - I have to tell you about my Sunday. This is too funny not to tell although I might be completely embarrassed.

So Sunday morning I leave the boys with Darren to "get ready" for church. After a half hour, I present myself exclaiming that I AM NOT GOING TO CHURCH TODAY. Darren asks why and I burst out that I have nothing to wear and that nothing fits. I have about 20 pounds still to lose from the baby and unfortunately nothing zips, buttons, or rests nicely on my waist. Therefore - I am not leaving the house.

I decide then to help the boys get ready. Blaze is trying my patience of course so I mention kindly to him to "Please listen to mommy, I am on the verge of tears". Canon walks towards me and with a slighting demeaning voice asks "Why? Because of that?" AS HE IS PUSHES THE "EXTRA" STUFFING I HAVE IN THE MIDDLE. UGH!! Hello? If my son notices, then it's bad. He then asks me why I don't work out to get rid of it and I immediately begin to list the items on our daily calendar: scouts, soccer practice, soccer games, work, preschool, homework, preparing meals, grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning, bathing the dog, taking out the garbage, etc. etc. etc.

He looks at me. "Well, I guess you are just gonna have to look like that then". Gee thanks!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Man do I remember those days. I think Michael hated Saturday nights because he knew I was going to cry about not having anything to wear. Don't you love the things your children say to you. I am sure you look great. I have no doubt you will be back in your pre-pregnancy clothes in no time.

Abby said...

Tami, I remember One Time getting ready For Church and My Boys were On The bed watching me Hurry around getting ready.. Mikey asked Mommy why are Your Boobs so Flat!!!Spencer.. It's because we Drank all The Milk Out Of Them stupid!!!! Kids will tell You Just how It is HA! HA!.. But Tami .. Give Your Self Time.. It will Come Off. Your baby Is still so Young. Miss ya Aunt Abby

Abby said...

Tami, I remember One Time getting ready For Church and My Boys were On The bed watching me Hurry around getting ready.. Mikey asked Mommy why are Your Boobs so Flat!!!Spencer.. It's because we Drank all The Milk Out Of Them stupid!!!! Kids will tell You Just how It is HA! HA!.. But Tami .. Give Your Self Time.. It will Come Off. Your baby Is still so Young. Miss ya Aunt Abby