Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beware of the Booger Sucker!

Okay - if you are a mom, you will find this funny. If you are not - you might find this gross. Unfortunately for me - I was attacked by the booger sucker.

You all know what the booger sucker looks like right?



This crazy looking blue ball that each of us steal from the hospital only to find out later that it actually cost us $150 because the hospital billed us for it. Anyway - Pierson was diagnosed with whopping cough last week so I have spent this last week administering medicine and sucking snot out of his poor little nostrils. Well - the whole family just happened to be sitting around the baby earlier this evening when I decided to suck some boogers hoping to free his airways. Even Uncle Dan joined us by cell phone (Darren is glued to his phone with either Dan or Don on the other end).

Anyway - I am showing Blaze how the booger sucker works because it was visible that little Pierce needed help breathing so I begin sucking one out (this just means that I squeezed the blue ball, stuck it up his nose and then let go making the suction pull the booger out - for those of you who have never used one). I then go to squeeze the booger out onto a kleenex but every time I squeeze - I just hear it but can't see it. This is were the attack happens. The idiot in me - turns the blue ball around to look at why it's not coming out but at the same time squeezes the ball forcing the booger out - AND SHOOTING MYSELF IN THE NECK WITH IT! Gross - the kids were horrified to see baby snot on my neck, meanwhile Darren is laughing and didn't hesitate one second to tell Dan who is still on the phone. I am sure I am not the first to be attacked by boogers but I can promise that this will be the last time I look down the barrel of a booger sucker!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Awesome! Bet that felt nice :)

Northern Nuts! said...

That is too funny. I too have been shot with the booger sucker! Isn't it great the bodily fluids we get attacked with as a mom!

Carole said...

Disgusting!! I have never been shot with one-- and thank goodness for that... it's amazing what we will put up with on our skin once we have babies!