Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Only Good Thing About Taking Kids To The Doctors

Okay - So I had another "baby" doctors appointment this morning and had to take Blaze with me. And I have to tell you that this time it was well worth taking a child, or my child for that matter. If you know Blaze - you know that he says whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Well - this time it actually helped my situation. You all know that when you have a doctors appointment scheduled at a certain time, they never call you back until you have put in at least 20 minutes in the waiting room. And then once you get to your room, you are expected to wait another 20 minutes for the doctor to walk in. Why they schedule appointments is beyond me - they should just tell you what day to show up and you can come at your convenience within that day.

Anyway - to my point.

After the long waiting room wait, we were asked to come back, did the usual "weigh in", "pee on a stick", "blood pressure" etc. Within 10 minutes of sitting in our room, with the door shut, Blaze decides it has been long enough. He gently opens the door but abruptly exclaims that his mother is falling asleep in here waiting for the doctor. After realizing that didn't get their attention - he then exclaims minutes later "how long do we have to wait in here?, we have been waiting long enough". Then shuts the door to see if he caught a reaction. Much to my surprise - within seconds the doctor walks in and Blaze immediately lets him know how long we have been waiting. The doctor apologizes and says he will do his best to hurry. Sadly for me, no questions were asked or answered as he did his measurements, listened to the heart and was quickly pushed out the door by my impatient son. Oh well - I will be back in a week I guess.

So - I just had to tell you that even though it is a pain to take children to the doctors with you - sometimes it can actually be beneficial.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That is AWESOME!