Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Well - we had an awesome Halloween this year! Let me start by saying that this is our favorite holiday. I always dress up with the kids and make sure I am always part of Canon's school party and parade. Although this is the first year that we didn't go as a "pair", Canon was excited to have me there. This year he decided to be Sylvester and I just couldn't bring myself to be Tweety. The costume was horrible and I just couldn't do it. Instead, he carried a stuffed animal of Tweety and I went as Malificent from Sleeping Beauty.




Darren, always a good sport - went as Spiderman while Blaze went as the "bad" Spiderman. He was so excited to be like his Dad. Blaze got to parade through the high school trick-or-treating to each classroom but when it came to his Dad's class - he was so embarrassed that his Dad was dressed up like him - he wouldn't even look at him. Too funny! Look how cute!




So - I enjoyed my annual visit to Canon's school all dressed up to join him at his school party and parade. He was so excited to see his mom, THE ONLY PARENT DRESSED UP! I helped with games and with the treats and then we paraded through the school showing off our costumes. Parents were stunned to see me dressed up walking with the kids but couldn't stop complimenting me on the costume - it was awesome.



Later that evening - we went trick-or-treating throughout the neighborhood with friends of ours while Spiderman passed out candy. Darren's dream has always been to be like my Uncle Randy in that he passes out large candy bars. We bought several boxes but ran out within an hour - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Word must have spread quickly. Here is a couple family photos for you to see!


4 comments:

Ali said...

I've been patiently waiting for your Halloween post... but COME ON! I need to see MORE pictures than this. Not to mention, Cannon looks great as Sylvester! I don't blame you for not wanting to dress up like Tweety, but let's see your real costume! I am glad you were able to help out again this year. I remember how much you loved that!

Jaime said...

I love the pictures! You guys looked great!

Ali said...

Thanks for the additional pictures! I LOVED them. You are the best mom ever to be the only parent dressed up. And the huge candy bars? Sheesh. You should have told us and we would have made the drive out :)

Julie Ethington said...

You are so dang cute! I swear... you're the best mom ever! I LOVE the pics! What an amazing family. (Tell Darren he looks great in spandex!)

-Julie